Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you get tons of robocalls, check this out.... it really works.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you get tons of robocalls, check this out.... it really works.

But VERIZON doesn't support it.

Finally! No more annoying robocalls and spam texts.

I have a friend who started using this recently, and she called me today and told me about this. It's legit, and it's FREE, and according to her, it works like a charm. I don't know about you folks, but I seriously think that more than 1/2 the phone calls we get are from scam / robo calls.

Neither does ATT.

Comment

Anybody that wants to reach us calls our cell phones. We basically keep our home phone line as a "spam folder." I hardly ever answer it anymore. The only reason we still keep it is because our cable is bundled together and it's basically free.
      Last edited by ironfist; 03-31-2015, 08:40 AM.

Comment

I had to install a phone line in my last apartment. I didn't want it, but I had to have it because of the internet package. I never gave anyone my number, only used it for more expensive outgoing calls, went ex-directory (unlisted) so I didn't get nuisance calls. Within a couple of months I was getting 3/4 cold calls per day.

Comment

It might work, but nothing like screwing with them will get them to start calling. For some reason, they don't appreciate false information.
          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

I do it this way:

"Hello, can I speak with Mr Smith"

"He's not here, can I take a message?"

"Am I speaking with the home owner?"

"Nope. Can I please take a message?"

Cold caller insta-hangs up 90% of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post

because they're imagining this guy at the other end of the line:

"Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                It might work, but nothing like screwing with them will get them to start calling. For some reason, they don't appreciate false information.

That's not how it works.... in this case, well... better watch the video at the link... it makes more sense.

Comment

Still funny ...

Comment

On occasions when I do answer the phone, I sometimes give the phone to my kids and let them talk to them. Best time is when one of them is throwing a tantrum.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                      Hello, Bob Kohm speaking.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                        I do it this way:

"He's not here, can I take a message?"

"Am I speaking with the home owner?"

"Nope. Can I please take a message?"

You should flip the script and answer with Hello, Can I speak to Mr. Smith?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                          You should flip the script and answer with Hello, Can I speak to Mr. Smith?
                          The problem is most of the cold caller these days are Indian, so it'd be more frustrating than funny.

Comment

Lately I've been going with "Is this some kind of joke? Joe was killed 2 days ago"
                            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

I had a buddy whose wife worked for whoever was calling's main competitor. ATT? Oh, sorry, my wife works for verizon and would kill me if we switched. Verizon, sorry my wife works for ATT...
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                              X