Company name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Company name

What would your impression be of an oil change/Jiffy Lube kind of place named Oil Monkey?

Good name, bad name, offensive, no?

Good name - no
    Bad name - yes
    Offensive - possibly

Comment

Ditto what revo and ElD said.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

I assume this is the company:

"Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
          I assume this is the company:

http://www.oilmonkeyaustin.com/
          Yes, it's a friend's place. Hasn't opened yet. I told him I thought the name was okay but some might be offended. I love the logo and the tagline. But he's gotten some negative feedback and is trying to decide if he was too hasty.

Comment

I wouldn't go with "Lube Buddies" either....
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

im more of a motto guy.

'working for Corning once, "discovering beyond imagination"

names are important but also your motto.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                I wouldn't go with "Lube Buddies" either....
                or lube pirates

Comment

car repair is a funny thing. you can call yourself anything but as long as you do it better than anyone else you can be anything.

my confession: I left my hybrid insight in the rain with a crack windshield that leaked water messed up my wiring harness so bad I parked it over the winter and bought another car. a 1992 Volvo. so I go to this place called santos garage when I inevitably have problems with the old Volvo.

it's weird sitting there while customers speak another language around me I can't understand. but in the end I know im being treated fairly. and I could fix this stuff myself. but I don't want too.

stop being anti garage and just be anti-dealership. the most trust worthy garages are anti dealer. even if you can't speak their language.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                    or lube pirates
                    Lube Lesbians might bring in the traffic.

Comment

Oil Otters any better?
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Slick Willie's.........
                        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                          Oil Otters any better?

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                            or lube pirates
                            I'm guessing Lube Doctors would not be well received, either.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                              I'm guessing Lube Doctors would not be well received, either.
                              I just watched that movie..
                              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                              X