Obama's Third Term

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama's Third Term

Yes, there's a new craze to compete with the birthers now it's called**Obama's Third Term**

Can't WAIT to see how much air time this shit gets.

If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

The Left was all up in arms saying Bush would run for a third term too. I suppose this will get about as far as that did.

Comment

And the GOP with Bill Clinton...
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

And that Roosevelt guy...
        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
          And that Roosevelt guy...
          Teddy stepped down for a term. Taft was a better lawyer than a politician, so Teddy ran again.

It could be worse. You actually get a third Bush administration.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

well, there was that 'other' Roosevelt.
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
              BwaaaaHaaaaa.....

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                Yes, there's a new craze to compete with the birthers now it's called**Obama's Third Term**

Can't WAIT to see how much air time this shit gets.

I thought this thread was going to be good news, its not nice to tease like this.
                ---------------------------------------------
                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                ---------------------------------------------
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                  Bah...OJH caught me...I was referring to both at the same time.
                  Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Bush's third term theory, circa April 2008. we have mirror-image lunatics

"Evil men, obsessed with ambition and unburdened by conscience, must be taken very seriously--and we must stop them before their crimes can ...

"Why would an administration that obtained office by nefarious and unconstitutional means believe itself to be beholden to the statutes of that same Constitutional Law that they deliberately disregarded in the first place? Essentially, at this point, after achieving the staggering and tyrannical authority that the Executive branch currently enjoys without oversight and with impunity, why would Dick Cheney and George W. Bush relinquish their power - just because the yellowed piece of paper that they've never read and like to shred says they should? Unlikely.

It seems to me that the machinations of the 2008 Presidential campaigns are all just an exercise in futile optimism. When an administration has such disdain for democracy abroad and has shown outright contempt for it at home, why would anyone think that once its mandated "term" has reached its limits, it'll pack up and leave town without a fight?"
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I'm not sure I understand why anybody would want to be president for one term, much less 3.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                          I have never heard of these third term fears before, from either side. It's kind of amusing to me that people think that a President can just decide he wants a third term and there's nothing anyone can do about it.
                          I only remember it about RR, because there was a movement to get the Constitution amended.

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

You know, Bush Sr. is still eligible.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                              You know, Bush Sr. is still eligible.
                              Please post such comments in the "Snarky Comments" thread. Thank you.
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                              X