Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fan tosses awful airball at ACC tournament for $1M prize chance - but there's more...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fan tosses awful airball at ACC tournament for $1M prize chance - but there's more...

"Chances are, you’ve seen Scott Park’s attempt at a million-dollar half-court shot during halftime of Friday’s ACC Tournament semifinal between Notre Dame and Duke.

By 5 p.m. Saturday, the original Vine — which I had filmed and posted — had been viewed 4.3 million times. You need to hear the other side of his story.

“I’m happy to be alive,” Park told me Saturday afternoon. “I’m happy to even have a chance to shoot for a million dollars. I had no illusions that ball was going in.”
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Excellent story.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

For a couple years, because of playing multiple games of horse, I would have had a 50/50 shot at making a half-court shot...without the pressure of big bucks. I hoped for a chance back then.
      Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

yeah, even in my 30s I made a lot of half-court shots at NBA arenas (with no crowd) and would generally hit the rim and/or backboard if I missed.

but this is a very different story
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
        X