Post total updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post total updates

I am finally feeling good enough to sit upright at the computer for longer than five minutes at a time. I have some time tomorrow to update the post totals for everyone so I'll take care of them over the weekend.

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
    I am finally feeling good enough to sit upright at the computer for longer than five minutes at a time. I have some time tomorrow to update the post totals for everyone so I'll take care of them over the weekend.
    Really? Why bother? You have to have many more important things to do than update people's post totals. I sure hope people aren't petty enough to be harassing you about post totals.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I think people's work should be reflected and for new people coming in, there's a comfort level knowing someone with 18.000 posts is replying them over someone with 18. We all know our own reputations but the new people do not.

Comment

Again, I glance at join date more so than post totals. I like to know who's been around to see it all. So will you be adjusting join dates per the old site, or just leave everyone as Jan 2011. The funny thing there will be we will look even nerdier to new members if our post totals all appear to be just since Jan 2011. "Geez, 34,498 posts just this month, that's over 1000 posts per day, GET A LIFE NERD!"
        Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

Originally posted by TopChuckie View Post
          Again, I glance at join date more so than post totals. I like to know who's been around to see it all. So will you be adjusting join dates per the old site, or just leave everyone as Jan 2011. The funny thing there will be we will look even nerdier to new members if our post totals all appear to be just since Jan 2011. "Geez, 34,498 posts just this month, that's over 1000 posts per day, GET A LIFE NERD!"
          Yes, I started doing that early on, then forgot to do that as I updated some accounts this weekend. I will amend.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            Really? Why bother? You have to have many more important things to do than update people's post totals. I sure hope people aren't petty enough to be harassing you about post totals.
            If I had a vote, we'd all start again at zero. My post total is a bit embarrassing, lol.

Comment

43,413 in a single month is a bit embarrassing

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                If I had a vote, we'd all start again at zero. My post total is a bit embarrassing, lol.
                You'd still bestride the forums like a colossus.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I guess I am going to have to revive the Happy Birthday threads lol
                  I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                  You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                  "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                  It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                    I think people's work should be reflected and for new people coming in, there's a comfort level knowing someone with 18.000 posts is replying them over someone with 18. We all know our own reputations but the new people do not.
                    And then they look to see where they made all those posts and it turns out they were all in threads labelled VD.

So then they leave.

Comment

Yeah, I don't care about my post total, but I'd love my join date back Jason <3

Comment

I want my totals. I love them. I miss them.

Comment

I'll get back on this over the weekend. Very busy week

Comment

Working...
                          X