Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I know some of you have blogs. Can you give an old man a clue how to start one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know some of you have blogs. Can you give an old man a clue how to start one?

I know some of you young whippersnappers have some of these blog thingies. I'm thinking about getting me one so I can more efficiently tell these damn kids to stay off my lawn!

Called tech support at work, bunch of young smart asses.

So, anyone want to lend a hand? I could use the help. And I'm thirsty. I've been pushing this Tab button all morning, and nobody has brought me anything. Why don't they have a Fresca button? Or a Diet Rite Cola?

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
    I know some of you young whippersnappers have some of these blog thingies. I'm thinking about getting me one so I can more efficiently tell these damn kids to stay off my lawn!

Called tech support at work, bunch of young smart asses.

So, anyone want to lend a hand? I could use the help. And I'm thirsty. I've been pushing this Tab button all morning, and nobody has brought me anything. Why don't they have a Fresca button? Or a Diet Rite Cola?
    can't have diet rite - no more cyclamates

what do you want to blog about?

Comment

Not baseball. I need to stick with things I know something about.

Legal issues for the most part. Like the thing in California where the college kids voted to ban the flag so the state legislature freaked out. I have some ideas about that.

Maybe the OU thing, but only because I have some inside dope. Mostly stories that don't get a lot of attention. I'd probably stay away from things like Ferguson, except to acknowledge they exist. I would need to do that out of respect for my African American friends. It is really sad how much stuff like the OU thing hurts, even guys who are halfway across the country.

Maybe some stories from the old days when I was a judge. I would have to change the names to protect me.

Comment

I thought a cyclamate was someone you went biking with.

Comment

you can use your google ID to create one. Just go to Big John Empire's blog: www.advancedfantasybaseball.com and click the "create blog" link in the upper right corner. That should get you started.

Comment

Check out Wordpress. It's fairly easy to get going and offers several options.

as to content. though I don't blog, I have been told write about something you like and enjoy or it becomes a chore.
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
              as to content. though I don't blog, I have been told write about something you like and enjoy or it becomes a chore.
              I tried that...it was still a huge chore.

Comment

I saw a stat a while back indicating that the average number of readers of all blogs is almost exactly 1.0
                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                  I thought a cyclamate was someone you went biking with.
                  It is, Lucky, it is.
                  "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                    Check out Wordpress. It's fairly easy to get going and offers several options.

I used Wordpress back in the day whenst I were a blogger. Harking back to ought-seven or so. I was pretty happy with it.

Other options include Blogger, which is Google's platform, and Medium, which is a new offshoot of Twitter. And then there is Tumblr, which isn't for me, but the younger set seem to like it.
                    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

I don't think I have a google ID, but I used to write for Big Jon, so I think I can get into his site.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                        I saw a stat a while back indicating that the average number of readers of all blogs is almost exactly 1.0
                        Well, if I can get my wife and my daughter (the English Literature major), then I will be above average.

I think it will be mostly for stress relief, as it has gotten quite expensive to get home from work and fling my cell phone into the nearest wall.

Comment

You can just go straight to blogger.com or wordpress.com and set something up. That's probably the easiest. (I suspect the Big Jon link is just going to end up with you at the blogger.com home page and has nothing in particular to do with his site.)
                          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Wordpress.com was impressive when I looked into it a few years ago. And if your blog allows comments, I'll be happy to read. ��
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Mine is on wordpress. so easy even a clod like me can do it (though I do have colleagues whose job it is to help me if I get confused).

pro tip: don't check how many clicks you get for at LEAST a year. or maybe ever. if you enjoy it, enjoy it.
                              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                              X