Gas Prices are obscene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Prices are obscene

up a dollar a gallon from this time last year. Is there any solution forth coming other than buying ric-shaws?
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

are you looking for answers from us foreigners? 'cause you know how that'll turn out ...
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      up a dollar a gallon from this time last year. Is there any solution forth coming other than buying ric-shaws?
      I filled up in Buffalo in Dec. 2008 for $1.89/gal. It was around $2.90 when I was down the east coast last summer. It's around $3.70 in Buffalo now...almost double. Insane!

In Ontario it jumped up about $0.10/L ($0.38/gal) last July when HST was added. It jumped up the same amount in the last few weeks.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Yay speculators!

Comment

Drill, Baby Drill.

Sorry. I couldnt resist.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            No. Short of greater economic disaster worldwide, thereby diminishing demand, the price of liquid fuels, at best will remain the same and most likely increase more in the short to medium term.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              No. Short of greater economic disaster worldwide, thereby diminishing demand, the price of liquid fuels, at best will remain the same and most likely increase more in the short to medium term.
              You Suck

If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                You Suck
                LOL...yeah, but at least on this one I blame the GOP almost as much as the Dems.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

£1.39 a litre now in the UK

or

£6 per gallon

or

$10 per gallon

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                    Drill, Baby Drill.
                    but only in Brazil!
                    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Paid over 4 bucks ($4.09) for the first time last week. Speculation is $5 in Illinois before summer.

What a great way to stimulate the economy. We will not be able to buy anything except food and gas.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                        Paid over 4 bucks ($4.09) for the first time last week. Speculation is $5 in Illinois before summer.

What a great way to stimulate the economy. We will not be able to buy anything except food and gas.
                        It's already hurting me going to Rays games. I have to go over on Sunday for a game and I really wanted to go on Thursday, but it costs me $35 in gas to make a trip now and it's not worth it.

Comment

This is one reason why I am glad I live in China and don't own a car.
                          拖裤子,
                          放屁

Literally means "pulling your pants down to fart" which is a Chinese idiom for "wasted effort." Makes sense to me!

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post

Really? It's equivalent to $4.76/gal here and we don't blink. Then again, if you have been used to it being lower all along...

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                              It's already hurting me going to Rays games. I have to go over on Sunday for a game and I really wanted to go on Thursday, but it costs me $35 in gas to make a trip now and it's not worth it.
                              One of my buddies has decided to bail on his vacation. They had planned to trailer their horses down to Missouri for a week of camping and riding. The gas was going to cost him an extra couple of hundred bucks so they are not going.

Comment

Working...
                              X