Gd50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gd50

I know the Grateful Dead don't have too many fans around these parts, but is anyone else planning to go to their final shows? Trey Anastasio and Bruce Hornsby are filling in. I'm still waiting to hear about my mail orders because yes they actually went with the gold ol' fashioned mail order system. Not only that, but internet sales start Friday so no doubt there are going to be hundreds if not thousands of us who won't know whether we have tickets at that point. Venue is Soldier Field July 3-5 so about 180K tickets available for the three nights. They received over 400K requests, doh! I'll be in Chicago anyways at that time for my parents-in-law's 50th anniversary bash so keeping my fingers crossed.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Cubs are home against the Marlins. 1:20 game on Friday July 3rd. Want to try to go?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      Cubs are home against the Marlins. 1:20 game on Friday July 3rd. Want to try to go?
      If I get tix I won't be able to go a game and the show. But they're playing the Cardinals and White Sox the following week and I'd definitely be down for going to one of those.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Comment

It's not the Dead without Jerry
        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
          It's not the Dead without Jerry
          true but Hornsby has made the shows interesting in the past

Comment

No Jerry, no show. Bruce Hornsby is a good musician and all, but it just wouldn't be the same. I'll stick with my (foggy...) memories of a lot of great shows back in the late 80s/early 90s and call it a day.
            "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

I've gotten baked outside 20X more dead shows than I've seen....
              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

The Grateful Dead are like a huge black hole in my musical knowledge. Literally know almost nothing apart from the peripheral stories.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                  The Grateful Dead are like a huge black hole in my musical knowledge. Literally know almost nothing apart from the peripheral stories.
                  - Terence McKenna

Comment

I have tried again and again to like the Dead. A lot of people whose musical tastes I really respect love the Dead. I just can't seem to get it. I don't dislike them, I just never got into them. Maybe they are that rare band that you have to see live to appreciate, but I've been able to set that prejudice aside with many other bands I never had the chance to see.

Comment

I can't stand the Grateful Dead, but that said, one of my favorite bands ever, sure seems to attract a ton of Dead Heads - The Radiators ( from New Orleans )..... I remember the first time I saw them in concert. So may people had Grateful Dead T-Shirts on.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Deuce View Post
                        I can't stand the Grateful Dead, but that said, one of my favorite bands ever, sure seems to attract a ton of Dead Heads - The Radiators ( from New Orleans )..... I remember the first time I saw them in concert. So may people had Grateful Dead T-Shirts on.
                        I like the Radiators tons better than the Dead

Comment

for you people with no interest in The Dead - try these 2 videos and also look for clips from Deadicated (a covers album)

Comment

If I dig deeper, will I find that you have 10K posts on that site?

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                              If I dig deeper, will I find that you have 10K posts on that site?
                              I can check that for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X