Comic-Con

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comic-Con

Anyone ever been? I just got my email saying registration opens this Saturday. Now that I'm living out here (still like 8 hours away) I was thinking it would be fun, but I'd end up going by myself. Just curious to hear if anyone has ever been and what it's like.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    Anyone ever been? I just got my email saying registration opens this Saturday. Now that I'm living out here (still like 8 hours away) I was thinking it would be fun, but I'd end up going by myself. Just curious to hear if anyone has ever been and what it's like.
    I went several years ago and it was crowded and expensive. I should state that I only attended because my sister gave me free passes every year. I think I might have enjoyed it more if I was more into comics and the other related products.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
      I think it would be fun. Have a great time!

After reading this thread, I decided to see if there is one in Chicago. There is it is Aug 20th through the 23rd. It looks like tickets with fees are about 60 bucks a day. I would only need one day. I think my wife will get a kick out of it too. Comic-Con and dinner. Sounds like a good date.

Comment

nerds
        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

I think this is more your speed: CatCon LA
          Francesco Marciuliano will be there.
          people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            I think it would be fun. Have a great time!

After reading this thread, I decided to see if there is one in Chicago. There is it is Aug 20th through the 23rd. It looks like tickets with fees are about 60 bucks a day. I would only need one day. I think my wife will get a kick out of it too. Comic-Con and dinner. Sounds like a good date.
            I found out there is a Fan Fest in Chicago March 7th and 8th. $30 bucks to get in. I asked my wife if she would like to go? Without hesitation she said a resounding yes! If it is a blast we will go to the Aug. 20th event.

Comment

very cool stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                I think this is more your speed: CatCon LA
                Francesco Marciuliano will be there.
                I did see that.... I thought stalking him might be entertaining... for me.

Comment

sitting in the registration lobby trying to get into the registration room to buy a badge. Wednesday and Saturday have already sold out... holding out hope for Friday.

friday sold out.
                  Last edited by heyelander; 02-21-2015, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X