2K11: Jonathan LuCroy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K11: Jonathan LuCroy

Looks like he will play almost every day. Decent hitter for a catcher. .265-10-60-6 look reasonable? Not a bad cheap 2nd catcher for cheap in most leagues.

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
    Looks like he will play almost every day. Decent hitter for a catcher. .265-10-60-6 look reasonable? Not a bad cheap 2nd catcher for cheap in most leagues.
    As a Brewer homer, I can't quite agree with this. I think either Nieves or Kottaras will get significant playing time with Lucroy. IMO, it'll be Kottaras, as he proved pretty decent with the glove, had a .700 OPS before getting hurt, and most importantly for the Brewers, hits left handed. I'd figure Lucroy for 100 games +/-10 games and go from there.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

60? I don't think so. That seems high. I think on his 400 ABs you'll get more like 45 RBI. He's got a good eye but the profile is still a little hollow on power or speed so he's probably not going to create a ton of runs.

Now if he got 550+ ABs you might get a Kurt Suzuki-lite type year. I just can't see it happening that quick for him though since he's a young catcher at the Major League level and had just a .246 xBA in the second half in 2010.
      Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        As a Brewer homer, I can't quite agree with this. I think either Nieves or Kottaras will get significant playing time with Lucroy. IMO, it'll be Kottaras, as he proved pretty decent with the glove, had a .700 OPS before getting hurt, and most importantly for the Brewers, hits left handed. I'd figure Lucroy for 100 games +/-10 games and go from there.
        I also think it is Kottaras' job to lose. I still like LuCroy as a $1 second catcher, but I doubt he'll start everyday. The Brewers have taken some pains to rebuild their pitching staff and they will take the best catcher before the best hitter and that's Kottaras.

Comment

I was happy when I drafted Lucroy as the next young upcoming Brewers full time starter. He played well enough. Rotoworld reported that the Brewers were happy with him. And then something went south. Maybe it is the way he handles pitchers, maybe it is the way Kottaras has stepped it up? Now they sign Nieves to be what? Number 3, #2 ?? I am pretty sure #2. So where does that leave Kottaras, sent down? If he gets the nod where does Lucroy go?

If we had our auction today I might take and end game flyer. I just think at this point too many questions. I think there are better options.

Comment

Everything I've read has Lucroy pretty much a lock for #1 while Kottaras and Nieves are fighting for #2 (Maldonado and Rivera will also be in camp, but shouldn't factor in). From what I've seen, Nieves is suppose to have the inside track #2 because of his better defense.

This depth chart pretty much matches with what I've else read else where (except for McClendon, I think his spot is pretty much wide open right now):

Comment

Working...
            X