Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the last work thing you just did before coming in here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was the last work thing you just did before coming in here?

I think most of us will take a break from our work day to check in. What are you taking a break from?

I just read an email from one of my customers questioning some technical data concerning capacitors. Could get messy.

Sometimes I feel like I take a break from here (or at least the internet) to do work. I keep RJ open in a tab all day while I'm at work. I usually have about 6 or 7 tabs open. The last work thing I did was read a few emails from a client about some work they need done today.
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I filed a story, then got up to get my lunch, and am now eating it at my desk.

When there is a draft going on like there is now, I have my personal email open in a tab and come here when it indicates that a new pick has been made.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

I just had a long meeting with clients regarding an upcoming deployment of a system to a new site. grabbed a sandwich & am gobbling it down while checking rj before my next mtg in 5 mins.
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Just got home, opened up Twitch to see who was streaming (WCS Starcraft 2 Qualifers) ... then Sports Bar to see w'sup.

Comment

Writing a positive email about a student to parent. I was taught to write positive emails too (not just negative) for your own personal sanity

Comment

Figuring out how to navigate our databases to identify who's running a misbehaving ad from the display URL. whee?
              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

sitting at home sick. blargh. but i did just watch the last 2/3 of grand budapest hotel, so there's that.
                "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

very exciting - added a bunch of vaping products to our website.

Comment

What is work?
                    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Cash out.
                      Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

I made a DVD of what I do to send out to potential clients.

Comment

presented to Land O Lakes IT staff in Minneapolis, then jumped on a plane back home
                          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Talked to my boss about Z-scores.
                            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                              Talked to my boss about Z-scores.
                              /closethread - KS wins.
                              "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Working...
                              X