Crashed Ice, WTF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crashed Ice, WTF?

Downhill ice skating with significant contact, how have I missed this? Why isn't this an Olympic sport instead of ice dancing?
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

it's been around for years. good point about making it an olympic sport ... probably reminds of roller derby too much.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
      it's been around for years. good point about making it an olympic sport ... probably reminds of roller derby too much.
      Roller Derby as an olympic sport? Great idea!

Comment

This is in the Twin Cities every year. Extremely well attended. I have never gone, but love watching even a few highlights on the local news.
        "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
        - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
        - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Downhill, or is it like a BMX course? I've seen that before, and that's insane.
          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
            Downhill, or is it like a BMX course? I've seen that before, and that's insane.
            I saw some of both, some that looked like a wider luge run, and some with jumps and such like a BMX course, seems like the perfect Winter Olympic game
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
              This is in the Twin Cities every year. Extremely well attended. I have never gone, but love watching even a few highlights on the local news.
              yep, one of the competitions I saw was in St Paul, the other one was in Moscow

Comment

Working...
              X