The Ten Commandments....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ten Commandments....

for atheists. I really like this list as they align very closely to my own unofficial rules to live by.

A contest has crowdsourced a set of 10 “non-commandments” for people who don’t believe in God.

1. Be open-minded and be willing to alter your beliefs with new evidence.
    2. Strive to understand what is most likely to be true, not to believe what you wish to be true.
    3. The scientific method is the most reliable way of understanding the natural world.
    4. Every person has the right to control of their body.
    5. God is not necessary to be a good person or to live a full and meaningful life.
    6. Be mindful of the consequences of all your actions and recognize that you must take responsibility for them.
    7. Treat others as you would want them to treat you, and can reasonably expect them to want to be treated. Think about their perspective.
    8. We have the responsibility to consider others, including future generations.
    9. There is no one right way to live.
    10. Leave the world a better place than you found it.

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
    7. Treat others as you would want them to treat you, and can reasonably expect them to want to be treated. Think about their perspective.
    Except for poorer people, people with low prospect thresholds and of course fast food workers

Comment

9 “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor

Please counselor.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
      X