X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three Stooges questions?

How many of you are Three Stooges fans?

When is the last time you watched them?

How old would your kids have to be before you let them watch them?

Fan? Eh...they're OK.

We, as a family, watched them about a year ago...maybe a bit more. It was the movie that came out a few years ago. So I guess my son was 9 or maybe just turned 10.
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Fan - hell yeah. I love them. Simple slapstick comedy. Even my mother-in-law loves them.

last time I watched - probably a month ago.

I had my kids watching them probably around 6. My youngest loves them too. My son likes them, but does not sit and watch all the time. My oldest did like them, but not as much.
      Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

My 14 year old son is obsessed with the Three Stooges, I caught him reading their Wikipedia page just yesterday. My parents know that a Stooges DVD is an easy gift for him.
        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Loved 'em too. I turned my kids onto them after the movie as well, so maybe my oldest was 5 or 6?

Comment

meh. Marx Brothers are better.

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post

J
              uh-oh - I agree with OneJay

Comment

J
                Well...duh.
                Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

J
                  Does this mean that you cannot be fan of both?

I enjoy the Marx Brothers comedy more than the Stooges, but then again this thread is about the Stooges.

Comment

stooges are OK
                    but the Marx Brothers is a tremendously high level of comic genius

Horse Feathers make me laugh every time

Comment

I did not post my questions to debate who is the best of the old comics. I doubt the Stooges would be in the top 5 for most of us.

The Stooges much like the Little Rascals were much more available to generations because of short subjects. I never saw "the greats" on Saturday mornings. They just didn't play whole movies.

I asked my questions as a gauge to see if the Stooges were still sort of relevant today. I also believe that the Stooges brand/style of comedy would be much more entertaining to preteens than the comedy of the Marx Brothers, Laurel and Hardy, Buster Keaton, WC Fields, Abbott and Costello, etc. All of whom I consider funnier than the Stooges. That would be today's Gregg vs. 8 year old Gregg.

Comment

The stooges slapstick is timeless - that is why they remade a movie of them

It was mediocre at best but i am sure 8 year olds loved it -

Another question - Are there any wives that don't call the three stooges - Those Idiots!

Little Rascals would be of no interest to current kids

Comment

Working...
                        X