King Vitaman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King Vitaman

I'm not sure why King Vitaman is my avatar, he just is, dammit ! Has anyone else in the pen even tasted this delicacy ? Apparently it is still around, but I haven't had it since the early 70's. I vaguely remember it as Captain Crunchish, but perhaps not as sweet since my parents bought it on occasion.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    ---------------------------------------------
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

I had it when I was kid back in the 70's or 80's.
    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Never heard of it.

I actually read this as King Vietnam, and wondered what the heck this could be about.

Comment

King Vitamin was different than Cap'n Crunch - KV actually had 100% of a lot of vitamins and minerals. I haven't had it for years but ate it a lot as a kid.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I can't keep up with all of the new cereal varieties on the grocery shelves now. Last time i counted there were ten different kinds of Cheerios for sale. Ten! There's a bunch of different Cap n Crunch too but i didn't count those.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Quisp was awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              Never heard of it.

I actually read this as King Vietnam, and wondered what the heck this could be about.
              I haven't had time to read this thread in detail but I'm pretty sure it's about vietnamese breakfast cereals.
              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                I haven't had time to read this thread in detail but I'm pretty sure it's about vietnamese breakfast cereals.
                Rice Krispies?

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                  Quisp was awesome
                  king vitamin was somewhere between CC and Quisp, I thought
                  "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

King Vitaman is a brand of pre-sweetened breakfast cereal produced by Quaker Oats and sold in the United States. The cereal entered the marketplace in 1970, and although it has changed mascots over the years, it is still in production.
                    King Vitaman Cereal boasts high vitamin and iron content, in addition to a more modest amount of sugar (only 6 grams - more popular breakfast cereals, such as Cap'n Crunch and Lucky Charms contain 13 grams or more). The early television commercials for the cereal were animated by Jay Ward Productions, the creators of Rocky and Bullwinkle. The advertising featured King Vitaman and his knights: Sir Laffitup & Sir Cravenleigh and their foes Blue Baron & Not-So-Bright Knight. Subsequent non-animated advertisements ended with a jingle inviting children to "Have Breakfast with the King."
                    The depiction of King Vitaman has changed over the years.[1] Jay Ward Productions created the first mascot for King Vitaman cereal in 1970, voiced by character actor Joe Flynn. From 1971 to 2000 actor George Mann, an ex-vaudevillian in the comedic dance act Barto and Mann, depicted King Vitaman on the cereal box and in television commercials[2] until his death in 1977. In 2000 Quaker Oats returned to an illustrated character on their King Vitaman cereal boxes. King Vitaman has been an inspiration for poem[3] and song.[

Here is the first commercial:

Comment

Working...
                    X