No announcement yet.

Giants fan likely suffered brain damaged after being attacked by 2 Dodgers fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants fan likely suffered brain damaged after being attacked by 2 Dodgers fans

This obviously doesn't apply to all Dodgers fans, but I have encountered more obnoxious and aggressive fans of their team than any other by far. I really hope they catch these PsOS.

A San Francisco Giants fan who was beaten and badly injured at Dodger Stadium showed signs of "brain injury and dysfunction," doctors said Tuesday.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

the definition of senseless.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

It happens everywhere and in most cases these things are brought about by excessive alcohol but far be it for sports teams to eschew the mighty dollar and care for the fans.
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

thank god they didn't barf on him or this would be national news.
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

while i haven't been to chavez ravine in about 15 years, when i was living there i went regularly, and have to agree with elD. as a whole the fans are very laid back. in fact they might be considered almost disinterested in the game. there's a running joke that the fans show up in the 3rd inning and leave by the 7th.

there is one area that is different, and that is in the outfield bleachers, which are where the more raucous fans sit. interestingly, there is no alcohol served in those sections. imagine my surprise when i went to my first game there and was sitting in the bleachers. i'm sure i had the most amazing dumbfounded look on my face when i asked the lady at the vending counter for a beer and got her response...
          "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

I lived in LA for about 10 years and went to a handful of Dodgers/Giants games over the years and I have to admit that I was scared for Giants fans in the parking lot on several occasions. Obviously it'd be ridiculous to group an entire fan base into the actions of a few, but it got to the point where I was uncomfortable going to games based on the things I'd see and hear in the parking lot after games.

Comment

I should have clarified in my statement about Dodgers fans that the huge majority of them have been fans I've met outside of LA (AZ, Chicago, St. Louis). When I saw the Cubs get swept at Chavez Ravine, the Dodgers fans I met there were very friendly.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Comment

A douchebag columnist chimes in that he kind of had it coming. Nice:

"Maybe someone can ask Stow, if he ever comes out of his coma, why he thought it was a good idea to wear Giants' gear to a Dodgers' home opener when there was a history of out-of-control drunkenness and arrests at that event going back several years.

Remember when it was the kids who were wearing the team jerseys to games? It was a common sight to see an adult male coming through the turnstile dressed as a regular human being with a kid dressed in a "real" jersey holding his hand.

Cute.

Are the 42-year-olds who find it necessary to wear their replica jerseys to a road game, those kids who are now fathers who haven't grown up?

Are there really 40-something men who think that wearing the jersey makes them part of the team? It was cute when a 10-year-old kid got that feeling by showing up at Three Rivers Stadium in a Pirates jersey, but when did little boys stop growing out of that?

Here's tip for you if you actually think that wearing your team's jersey makes you a part of the team:

It doesn't."

Comment

That idiot should be fired, along with the editor who allowed that story to run.
                  - Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                  X