2K11 Colby Rasmus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K11 Colby Rasmus

Well, might as well start a real topic and why not start with TLR whipping boy. In many NL leagues that have the standard s2 style contracts this is the year we need to decide to extend. Given the talk at the end of the season that he may get moved would you extend him or let him ride at a good price? He seemed to sit a lot last year. Does he get 500 AB in 2011? Where does he hit in the order and does he sit against lefties?

23 HR and 12 SB was quite valuable last year in 464 AB. He did K 148 times though.

Bill James see some regression in power on him with only .261/19/73/10 SB.

I am biased as an owner, but I am more on the fans side as Rasmus has some serious power and I think he can find a way to hit in the upper 20s. The question is does he do it for the Cardinals.

I traded him last year in my sadly futile quest to get a title. I am sure he will be amazing.

Comment

Took 12 points of his contact rate to achieve illustrious first half power. Looks like he tried to obey the wishes of TLR and not swing for the fences as much in the second half as his contact rate jumped three points, but his power went from Adam Dunn elite to merely good. Also the FB/hr rate came back to Earth as well.

Definitely a BA risk and his second half has been nothing like his first half two years in a row. Also the hit rate was 35% last year so if he loses the gains against LHP, it might lead to shuttling in and out of the lineup and back and forth from LaRussa's doghouse.

I like his power a lot and I think he could be a nice source of 25 HRs in 500 ABs. But I don't think he'll hit in the upper part of the lineup with his reputation and with Lance Berkman now in St. Louis.
      Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
        Took 12 points of his contact rate to achieve illustrious first half power. Looks like he tried to obey the wishes of TLR and not swing for the fences as much in the second half as his contact rate jumped three points, but his power went from Adam Dunn elite to merely good. Also the FB/hr rate came back to Earth as well.

Definitely a BA risk and his second half has been nothing like his first half two years in a row. Also the hit rate was 35% last year so if he loses the gains against LHP, it might lead to shuttling in and out of the lineup and back and forth from LaRussa's doghouse.

I like his power a lot and I think he could be a nice source of 25 HRs in 500 ABs. But I don't think he'll hit in the upper part of the lineup with his reputation and with Lance Berkman now in St. Louis.
        Berkman is irrelevant after 7 games in the outfield and the obligatory DL for the season effort.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
          Berkman is irrelevant after 7 games in the outfield and the obligatory DL for the season effort.
          Probably but I do know he's starting in the 2-hole and is one year removed from good power and has always possesed a near-elite EYE. He's probably good for 400-450 ABs but those are mostly going to be times that Rasmus won't e hitting in the two-hole. Maybe better served for Rasmus, but still.
          Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

I don't see a guy there who'll hit for a high average, so he's going to have to become a Chris Young Lite to be effective. And with all of the crap that his idiot father has pulled in the off-season with LaRussa, the kid had better be on his best behavior to make it in the line-up as a regular.

And i think that Berkman will be just fine...as long as he doesn't crash into any walls/other outfielders, what's the big effort in playing the outfield? There's probably more chance to get hurt at first in either a collision or pulling a muscle stretching for a throw.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

why do all the gurus show him as a $20-25 fantasy player? I can get him in a trade for Billingsley $17 final -Rasmus $5 decision ..I dont think I want to do it...low average and out of the lineup quite a bit.

Comment

In 2005, Rasmus was a #1 draft pick.
                In 2007, at age 20-21 (August birthday), Rasmus was the #2 hitter in the AA Texas League.
                In 2009, Baseball America had Rasmus as the #3 prospect in all MLB.
                Last year at the age of 23-24, he had 23 HR, 12 SB, and an .859 OPS (the OPS was 29th in MLB).
                This year he's batting #2 in this lineup:
                1 SS Ryan Theriot
                2 CF Colby Rasmus*
                3 1B Albert Pujols
                4 LF Matt Holliday
                5 RF Lance Berkman**

That's why the gurus think he's a $20-25 fantasy player
                Last edited by Controller Jacobs; 03-29-2011, 08:30 AM.
                people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Take away the LaRussa issues, and I'd see him as a $25 player in a NL-only league easily. He's 24, had a significantly increasing walk rate and SLG gain. He'll hit ahead of Pujols and Holliday or hit right behind them, both very enviable places in the batting order to be hitting. I don't see .270-25-15-100r-70RBI much of a stretch at all for him if he hits second most of the year.

The only reason I'd downtick him some is because of the LaRussa feud. There isn't a MLB manager who holds a grudge the way Tony does.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

This is an interesting article about Rasmus... I'm starting to feel a little uneasy about his prospects for next year, doesn't seem like a kid that's all that grown up yet...

Read the latest sports news, featuring scores, game updates, schedules and athlete news for hockey, basketball, soccer, football, baseball, and more.

Comment

Working...
                    X