Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions

1. What resources would you like to see added to the front page?
    2. Who shall I hit up to invite for a scheduled chat?
    3. Any interest in getting the Fix podcast set back up?

2. Guests for chat?

Grey from Razzball
    Keith Law
    Master Zola
    Kevin Goldstein
    Tim Dierkes

Comment

The best chat/interview we ever did at the old site was Callis. Ron should also be happy to come on for a chat given that he can simultaneously flog his road show events that are about to get underway. Todd is a genius, so can't do without him.

In terms of the podcast, I'd change the format and make it a weekly interview with whomever the top blogger is from each team around the league. The podcast, being once a week, is a poor venue for timely info; it is, conversely, a fantastic place to build up team specific knowledge, especially on position battles and farm systems.
      Last edited by Bob Kohm; 01-23-2011, 09:06 PM.
      "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
        2. Guests for chat?

Grey from Razzball
        Keith Law
        Master Zola
        Kevin Goldstein
        Tim Dierkes
        I would love to see a chat with Grey, dude is hilarious. Has he ever contributed at RJ?

Also, I'm all for improvements, but let's not lose what we are, trying to be something we're not, i.e. if it ain't broke, don't fix it, and it's better to do one thing the best, rather than a bunch of things half-assed.
        Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

Grey is on board. We're trading favors - I did their Rays season preview and he'll come on board for a chat in February.

Now that we have the ability to do more than just a message board, I'm just listening to see what people would like to have around.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
            Grey is on board. We're trading favors - I did their Rays season preview and he'll come on board for a chat in February.

Now that we have the ability to do more than just a message board, I'm just listening to see what people would like to have around.
            It just seemed to me when "we" tried to do articles and whatnot they didn't get the attention commiserate with the effort. I could be wrong, but they did eventually fall by the wayside, no? As did the fix.

Whatever features you add, I think what survives best is that which doesn't require constant or regular attention, unlike weekly/daily articles. Chats are fine, as it's basically what we do anyway, and they can happen when they happen, when someone interesting is available, and the links to all the blogs and articles of RJ members out on the web sort of serves the purpose of "original content." Keep it simple, I guess is what I'm saying, makes life easier on you and keeps the focus on what makes RJ the best.

I say "we" as in RJ, and not me, as I never wrote here. Which reminds me, whatever happened to Haverty? Seems this "hobby" can chew people up and spit them out. Let's do a "where are they now?" chat, Haverty, John Mosey, John Hunt, etc.
            Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Comment

I'll hold a live webcast from the Fantasy Baseball League of Ireland draft day so you can see a draft done in a pub, Irish-style

Comment

Originally posted by TopChuckie View Post
                It just seemed to me when "we" tried to do articles and whatnot they didn't get the attention commiserate with the effort. I could be wrong, but they did eventually fall by the wayside, no? As did the fix.

Whatever features you add, I think what survives best is that which doesn't require constant or regular attention, unlike weekly/daily articles. Chats are fine, as it's basically what we do anyway, and they can happen when they happen, when someone interesting is available, and the links to all the blogs and articles of RJ members out on the web sort of serves the purpose of "original content." Keep it simple, I guess is what I'm saying, makes life easier on you and keeps the focus on what makes RJ the best.

I say "we" as in RJ, and not me, as I never wrote here. Which reminds me, whatever happened to Haverty? Seems this "hobby" can chew people up and spit them out. Let's do a "where are they now?" chat, Haverty, John Mosey, John Hunt, etc.
                Yea, I really have no plans on producing content here - I'm too busy elsewhere. I'd like to do chats, a semi-regular podcast, and do enough on the front page to keep it fresh so visitors coming in from that way do not see it as an ill-visited site. For now, I'll be putting up a "most popular threads" piece every few days so people can see what is being discussed and what not.

Comment

Maybe you could put a module on the home page that pulled in the twitter feeds from a select list of touts. Give people who don't use it a chance to access that very useful info if they wish.

Comment

Or just do a list of several of the most active threads on the front page, a sort of hot topics sort of thing to show there's a lot going on inside, so come on in.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                      Grey is on board. .
                      Excellent

Comment

Mark haverty is working for Wizard magazine, he is their price guide editor. I'm sure that sucks up a ton of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJonEmpire View Post
                          Mark haverty is working for Wizard magazine, he is their price guide editor. I'm sure that sucks up a ton of time.
                          does he know baseball?
                          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

is this the best looking version of vBulletin? Looks like any cheapo message board out there -- I expected more for the bou coup bucks ponied up.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                              is this the best looking version of vBulletin? Looks like any cheapo message board out there -- I expected more for the bou coup bucks ponied up.
                              It is the latest and greatest version of the message board software. The only thing higher is the full-blown CMS version that involves front end content and the like.

It has every feature possible enabled - just haven't tweaked with the color scheme beyond the "red" one that you can access from the drop down menu in the lower left corner of the main forum page.

Comment

Working...
                              X