Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody Interested in a World of Warcraft Group?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have SWTOR pre-ordered and plan to give it a try. I know Jeff is planning on trying it as well.

I won't play two games like this at the same time though so it'll have to WoW me to get me to switch.

Comment

anybody still actively playing? i'm almost a year out now. still kinda miss it sometimes.

i played Rift lightly for a month (you get a month free when you buy the game) - leveled to max, and did the dungeons, but never raided. just didn't want to get sucked in again. but it just seems a bit WoW-wannabe to me. i could almost predict the quests, dungeons, bosses, etc., based on WoW analogs. the only real difference is the rifts, and after a while those are just mildly annoying rather than any fun (at least to me). they could have really done something with the defiants and their technology, but they just turned them into nothing significantly different than the guardians (i'd have, for instance, had much different gearing, and story line, going through the leveling).

i've been too busy to do much of any gaming anyway for almost six months, but see some more free time coming up so was wondering if i should invest in cata and have another go. so, opinions? worth it, or no?
      "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

I'm still around ish - play about weekly at the moment because of work/family time contraints. Happy just hangin out with druit and cita in axiom. I see heye occasionally - and he sends me pressies in the mail. Druit (GM of axiom . . . . . . . .AGAIN!) and Cita are still fairly regular. you be better getting an opinion of raiding from them - I don't do it much. I do a little tanking/healing with naraih and deeps with ghuda still, but i'm prolly still a little undergeared for the big bosses. Firelands is time cosuming with dailies and what not - but not too bad. I still find it fun - but glad I've throttled back abit. Still bump into new/interesting peeps but find the general consesus is a more mature game now. Saying that - you still get the dumb shytes. they just seem a little less thick on the ground. No idea of your planned commitment - but I'd suggest you try it for a couple of months and see where things go. speak to Druit about a home in axiom if that is your desire. And I'd love to see you back on!!

On a side note - I have heard reports that SWTOR is at beta - not sure if its true. A friend of a friend is alledgedly testing it on the Beta and has said its AWESOME - but I'm not convinced this is a legit source. I may be begging one of my B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L American friends to send me a copy when its released as it won't get released in Aust for another year. But will cross that bridge when it happens.

Comment

my wife and son still play, but I haven't touched it in about a year
          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
            my wife and son still play, but I haven't touched it in about a year
            I haven't played WOW since the kid was born (over a year and a half). Will probably pick up SWTOR in December. It looks pretty sweet.

I was on a Starcraft 2 kick for a while but haven't played that one in months either.
            I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time--and this includes naps --I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.

Comment

Yeah me and Druit still have the sickness. Cleared normal firelands working on heroic bosses sort of. LoL This is actually a good time to pick it back up since they nerfed the Firelands a few weeks ago, so it doesn't take much gearing up to jump right into things. Raid testing is going on right now for the final tier so i bet we see the next patch by the end of November.

Comment

My wife is clearing endgame content, and has "best in slot" gear for most of her equipment.

She never does pvp, anything new in the Battlegrounds? I think the last stuff I was doing was all the underwater stuff
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                  My wife is clearing endgame content, and has "best in slot" gear for most of her equipment.
                  i thought your wife's "best in slot" was me?! HA!

thanks for all the recaps guys. the free time won't show up until december, so i've got some time to think about it. if i get back into it it's not going to be at the level and time commitment it was before - i just can't put in those hours any more. i played SW-KOTOR bitd as single-player - is SWTOR supposed to be similar? i guess i should go off and google it and see ...
                  "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

2/7 heroic firelands now

Comment

so, my family wants to realm-shift me from Cenarius so they can make another character there, you guys are still on Scarlet Crusade, right?

Comment

Yep, despite it being a pretty dead server I don't think any of us has left for any period of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                          Yep, despite it being a pretty dead server I don't think any of us has left for any period of time.
                          Dude, nothing could be worse than being Horde on Cenarius

Comment

digging through my google docs i found the spreadsheet below. webb & RR may find it amusing. i can't post to the SC forums or i'd put it there for ****s and giggles .

Comment

so i took the plunge. cata was $20 at gamestop on black friday, so i bought it and reactivated my subscription. played a bit friday night and then again last night. ran the two level 80 dungeons - interesting. it'll take me a while to get back to speed, but i still topped the dps meters . i'm not really keen on the grind to get professions, rep, etc., leveled up, but the questing and dungeons are fun (again)!

i have no idea where players hang out now, but orgrimmar sure is dead. is the whole server that bad?

Comment

Yeah, it's been pretty dead on SC lately.

However, this weekend I bet was especially bad due to the Star Wars: The Old Republic Stress Test Beta being up. I know I didn't log into WoW at all for that reason. I was really enjoying SWTOR and look forward to it launching.

There should be a spike in interest since patch 4.3 is set to release this Tuesday. New 5 mans, Transmogrification, new raid, new Darkmoon Fair and the Raid Finder feature might bring people back at least in the short term.

Glad to have you back! If you need a home for your toons in a level 25 guild with leveling perks and the like, you know you are welcome in Axiom!

Comment

Working...
                                X